My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 35, Day 7, Diet with Dianna


EMPOWER yourself through the word of God.

Prayer for today:
Dear Lord,
Even when I don't understand your ways, I can find joy in Your protection, Your provision, Your ways. I depend on Your strength today to help me to make GREAT healthy choices. In Jesus’ Name, AMEN.


Scripture Verse for today:James 1: 12-15 (NLT) God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

QUOTE:I crave what I eat. The more I provide my body with healthy foods, the more I crave healthy foods. (Made to Crave - by Lysa Terkeurst)

Tips for Success!

We live in a busy time and we cannot always prepare our meals. Time and Convenience are HUGE factors in our eating habits. Here are a few tips to help you make better choices.


  • If you eat a hamburger, choose the Junior burger. You don’t skimp on flavor, however you are getting a much smaller portion. You can cut the calories in half by choosing smaller portions.
  • DON’T purchase the ‘Value size’ meal. You might be saving money but you are getting EXTRA calories!  
  • Instead, eat the junior size value meal or just order the junior hamburger and ask for extra lettuce, 
  • Skip the mayonnaise and sauces. Mustard is the better choice, OR try using salad dressing: Balsamic Vinaigrette or Italian for your Hamburger. 
  • HEY! SKIP the fries! You don’t need them. Try ordering a small side salad or fruit cup. Most fast food restaurants have some kind of fruit for the kids meals.

EXERCISE TIPS:



  • Get a buddy to walk with you.  It is more fun to walk and talk!
  • Have your spouse or friend drive you out 1 mile from home and walk back. As you become more fit and trim, have your friend drop you off at 2 miles out. Increase it up to 5 miles.
  • Don’t have any weights for strength training? Use 2 cans of  beans, the one pound size cans.  Get two heavy cotton tube socks. Place one can in each sock. Knot the two socks together at the top. Now grip the sock at the knot and lift your way to toner muscles!  HINT: as you progress, the 2 lbs. will become too easy, so add two, 1 lb. cans to each sock and tie the tops of the socks together in a knot.
  • PLANK—this is a very tough exercise but with practice it is a GREAT muscle toner. Follow the link to get the proper way to do this exercise: Plank Demonstration NOTE: the first time I did this exercise I could only do it for 5 seconds. It is hard but with practice you will be able to work up to one minute.
Exercise:

I walked 3.4 miles. (We ate lunch at Cici's Pizza. My eldest son drove us there and after we ate, he drove home, but my husband, myself, and my other two grown kids walked home! WHEW there were a lot of big hills!) It took us a little under an hour to walk it!)
Kettlebells: 30 minutes

Today's Menu:

Slept til 11 a.m. (I didn't go to bed until 3:30 a.m.) Saturday evening is our worship time so I have the great privilege to sleep late on Sunday mornings!)

Lunch: Cici's Pizza

Dinner:
1 egg omelet with turkey, basil, Parmesan cheese. 
a few baby carrots - so sweet and delicious! 
Snack:
Lemon cookie and coffee!!!! YUM!

1 comment:

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version