My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 33, Thursday, Diet with Dianna


Matthew 19: 23 & 24, Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I’ll say it again—it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
This parable is talking about trusting in money and not God. When Jesus was speaking this parable about a certain rich young man, he was referring to all of his possessions taking priority over God. Now, If I were to take creative license with this verse and change it up a bit I could remove "sell all your possessions" and replace it with: "...if you give up your love of food". 
Really, if you look closer you can see that just about any thing could be put here. If there is anything in your life that takes precedence over the Lord, it can be put in the blank.


The Bible says in Matthew 6:21 & 24: For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (verse 24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (the trust of wealth).


No, Jesus wasn't talking about food, but in my Spirit, I recognized that I could replace the words 'all your possessions' and put 'food' in its place.  I have been guilty of trusting in food for: comfort, pleasure, peace, happiness, and joy. When experiencing those things, I should have turned to God for fulfillment and not eating food. Upon further inspection, all these words  describe God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit.
  • Psalm 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 
  • I John 4:8, God is love
  • II Corinthians 1:4...comforts me in tribulation.
  • Nehemiah 8:10...the joy of the Lord is my strength.
  • Psalm 23...he comforts me.
Basically, I've always made eating food a priority. When eating breakfast I was planning my lunch and dinner. I was indulging in whatever brought my taste-buds pleasure. When I was sad, I ate.  When I was angry, I ate and cleaned. When I was celebrating, I ate and ate.  For as long as I can remember, food has been a top priority of my daily life. Even as a young girl, my folks and grandparents put a lot of emphasis on food! They were all overweight. 


Eating should be pleasurable, but not filling the emptiness, boredom, loneliness, sadness, anger or taming stress in my life. I can enjoy the taste of food. I can enjoy the filling qualities of food. I can enjoy the preparation of food, however, I will not use it as comfort to satisfy my emotions. Instead, I give up any empty, destructive idols to God. I will eat to live, not live to eat. I will make better choices and resist temptation to overeat. My body is the Holy temple of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've really come to understand your motivation to over eat! Once you understand something, you CAN defeat it! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version