My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 32, Tuesday, Diet with Dianna


Titus 2:11-12 NIV, “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions (and I believe that it also means cravings for food, too), and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.” 


Well, I'm down a pound so I'm headed in the right direction. I hate that I am having to backtrack through to the weight I had already lost, but at least I'm going down.  Day before yesterday I exercised. Yesterday I was sore...today I am REALLY sore. AHHH! Exercising was not fun and rather painful! I know it will do me a lot of good, though. Walking was at a slower pace because my groin muscles are very sore.

Well, I woke up too late to get in my exercise for the morning. I kettlebelled tonight. It all worked out, thankfully. BUT, I did get my devotional/Bible study completed for day three, this morning.

Last night I made two loaves of bread. One was white bread and the other was whole wheat. They turned out beautiful! Mrs. Baird would be so proud. The house smelled heavenly.  I was so tempted to eat a slice as they came out of the oven, but I resisted. I did, however, eat a slice for breakfast with my coffee this morning and it was worth the wait! It was soooo good!  I wish you could sample a piece. It is so much better than store bought bread and so easy to make!

I will put the recipe here for those of you that would like to try and make some. NOTE: Once you make it, you will be hooked and will have to make more, guaranteed!



No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Yield: 1 loaf of bread (16 slices)If you've never baked homemade yeast bread, but want to learn how, start here. Unlike most yeast breads, this one isn’t kneaded; instead, the soft dough is simply beaten in a bowl for several minutes, and then scooped into a bread pan. Ninety minutes later, it’s ready to pop into the oven and bake. The result: A dense, moist, easy-to-slice loaf; Ideal for sandwiches!Ingredients:
1 cup      lukewarm water, (approximately 110°F).
¼ cup      (2 ounces) orange juice
¼ cup      (2 ounces) melted butter or vegetable oil (do not use margarine)
3 Tablespoons      molasses (or maple syrup)
1 package              (2 teaspoons instant dry yeast)
¼ cup                      whole milk or soy milk
3 cups                    (12 ¾ ounces) Premium 100 % whole wheat flour ( I use King Arthur brand)
1 teaspoon            sea salt 


Supplies:


1.       Non-Stick cooking spray or vegetable shortening
2.       Stand mixer with large mixing bowl, and paddle attachment
3.       Measuring cups and measuring spoons
4.       1 bread loaf pan
5.       Plastic wrap and one large piece of aluminum foil
6.       Instant read thermometer
7.       Hot pads or mittens
8.       Large spoon or scraping spatula
9.       One gallon-size, zipper style, storage bag and paper towels.


Directions:
1.       Add the yeast to the water and let it stand for 5 minutes. Set aside and work on the next step.
2.       Thoroughly and liberally grease a bread loaf pan (8 ½” x 4 ½”) It is very important to grease the pan well, as this bread tends to stick.
3.       Combine all of the wet ingredients into a very large mixing bowl or a large stand mixer bowl.
4.       Add all the remaining dry ingredients next.
5.       Beat on very low speed at first, then on a medium/high speed for 3 minutes. (If you are hand stirring, make sure to have a friend nearby because your arm will get very tired).
6.       THE DOUGH IS STICKY SO SPRAY YOUR HANDS WITH NON-STICK SPRAY BEFORE HANDLING THE DOUGH. Scoop or pour the bread dough in to the prepared loaf pan. 
7.       Spray a large piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and cover loosely over the bread and set it in a warm place to rise. The dough will  rise up over the top of the bread pan.
8.       Let rise for 45 to 90 minutes (until the dough has risen up above the top of the pan)…do not skip this step.
9.       Preheat the oven to 350°F, if using a glass baking dish (325°F for a dark metal pan). Bake for 15 minutes.
10.    Remove with hand protection and tent the bread with aluminum foil, and replace into the oven for an additional 15 – 20 minutes.
11.    The bread is actually done when an instant read thermometer temperature reaches 195°F
12.    Remove from the oven. Turn oven off. Set the bread on a wire rack, in the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
13.    With hand protection, invert the loaf pan and place the bread on a wire rack to cool. Let the bread cool completely before slicing.
14.    Store any remaining bread wrapped in paper towels and then placed in a zipper style bag for up to 1 week at room temperature, or 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version