My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 38, Wednesday, Diet with Dianna



Haggai 1:10 It’s because of you that the heavens withhold the dew and the earth produces no crops. [NLT] 
There are consequences of failing to care for the Lord’s temple [my body]. People who don’t care for their bodies now will suffer because of their poor choices later on down the road. Be it gaining weight and experiencing less energy, later down the road there might be serious health issues like heart disease, diabetes, joint pain, back problems, high blood pressure..., It is the choices we make today that matter both in the physical and the spiritual sense, both now and in our future.

In my spiritual sense, when I neglect my body by making poor food choices and not exercising, I feel weighed down by stress and problems. I have less energy to give to God and more emotions to wade through in my daily life.

By giving my food cravings over to God and focusing more on Him, I find my sense of purpose. I am energized and motivated to shine, not only in my spiritual walk, but also in my physical body.
*******************************************************************************

Today I walked/ran for nearly 4.5 miles total; 3 miles this afternoon and 1.5 miles tonight. WHEW! That's a lot of cardio. My legs and back are tired. Tomorrow I am only doing strength exercises and taking a slower walk with my dog!


Excuses – Excuses – Excuses
 I am not trying to cast fault or guilt. I merely want each person to look at why they are not exercising and how they can change for the healthier. Are you making excuses not to exercise?
There really isn't any good reason why exercise of some kind is not included in your weekly schedule!(Except for justifiably recovering from illness, surgery or injury.)

·         “You don’t know how hectic my schedule is! There is no way I can add one more thing to my daily activities.
·         I work all day and I don’t have time or energy to exercise.
·         I have to have time to relax and watch my TV programs.
·         The children have homework.
·         I have to take my kids to soccer.”  
·         When I get home I am too tired to exercise. I just need to sit and unwind.
·         I have too many physical limitations that don’t allow me to exercise.
·         I don’t have any exercise equipment.
·         My family is unsupportive.
·         I enjoy surfing the internet and chatting with my friends on Facebook.

Do you feel that your a justified by your excuses not to exercise? 
Do you think you are setting a good example to your children?
Why do you think that it is so hard to exercise on a consistent basis?
What motivation do you need to stick to a daily exercise routine?

Dear Lord, I want to care for my body in the ways I eat and the ways I move. I want to see that my ability to exercise is a gift. I dedicate my temple to you and commit to rebuilding it today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version