My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 37, Friday, Diet with Dianna


Romans 14:19-12a “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to PEACE and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food.”





Frustration...I have to give it to God!
Boredom...I must focus on others and not myself. Crave God not food.
Anger...release it and let God handle every emotional situation.
Sadness & Comfort...The Joy of the Lord is my strength...Your rod and staff comfort me...I lie down beside still waters...be still and know that I am God.


Today was a great day and I was able to resist temptations to eat too much. The food was so delicious I didn't want to stop, even when I started to fill full. It was there, staring at me, calling...no, screaming out my name; I stopped and my hand was poised over morsel of food! I heard a stern voice in my head reasonably and calmly say, "Dianna, you know this is not your last meal? You know that there is more where that came from? How about you relinquish your desire to overeat and give it to me?" (This was the Holy Spirit speaking to me inside my head.)  


I didn't want to listen and felt a stubborn, rebellious urge start to bubble up inside of me, my hand moved closer to the food...then the Holy Spirit quoted the Word inside my head (I highlighted the parts that were pointed out to me.: 


2 Timothy 3:1-9 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of Godhaving a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lustsalways learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truthNow as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
I snatched back my hand as if it were burning. Now, that is one way to nip the cravings of unhealthy habits in the bud! Thank you Lord for correcting me. I am so glad that I chose to listen. I give God all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version