My Weight Loss Tracker

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 40, Monday, Diet with Dianna

Galatians 5:22-24. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

We had a beautiful Spring day. Mid 70's! AWESOME! Thank you Lord for your beauty.


 I started out with a nice workout of mowing the yard, front and back, then sweeping. Whew! It wasn't walking 3 miles, but I definitely used all the muscle groups. It took about forty-five minutes to mow and another twenty minutes to sweep. I figure it was the equivalent of 1.5 miles...maybe 2.


Next I was off to wash the car and vacuum the inside. I dried the outside, vacuumed the interior, and washed the windows, inside and out. That really worked up a sweat. I suppose that would be about another quarter mile. 


When I got home I finished up the laundry and cleaned the kitchen...that added a small fraction of energy burn.  I most certainly kept active and burned up some calories.


Tomorrow, I will work on core muscle strengthening. Maybe I'll throw in a walk too.


Menu:


For lunch I ate a small salad and three small, Extra thin & crispy slices of pizza...really small slices. If I put them all together, they would have formed a normal single slice of pizza. I drank some tea with lemon.


For dinner I had a beef taco and some salsa and a glass of sugar free orange tea.


Later for a snack I had some mixed nuts and a few raisins and cup of coffee!


Oops, forgot about breakfast...a Multi-grain, whole wheat 3 inch waffle, about one tablespoon of sf syrup, one egg and one turkey sausage patty. Cup of coffee.
****************

I Could Never Give Up That! 

Self-control is hard. We don’t like to deny ourselves. We just don’t think it’s necessary. We make excuses and declare, “That’s nice for someone else, but I could never give that up!”

If we’re relying on ourselves, that excuse may be true. But there’s another level to self-control that too few of us find. Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven…it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” [Matthew 19:23-24]

If you study this verse in context, it actually means, “With human effort alone, it can seem impossible to deny yourself. With human effort alone, it can seem impossible to make sacrifices. With human effort alone, it can seem impossible to have self-control. But with God, all self-control, all sacrifices, all effort is possible.”

Rather than giving in to the foods we crave, we can have God’s self-control to make completely different decisions—decisions for health, decisions for renewed energy, decisions for confidence and peace. Most importantly, decisions that honor both our bodies and God!

Lysa TerKeurst – Made to Crave Devotional – 60 days to Craving God, Not Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a Bible Version

Select a Bible Version